Variable Transmission Fluid (CVT)
CVTs require a unique transmission fluid with specialized frictional characteristics designed to ensure the belt or chain remains in contact with the pulleys without slipping. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid provides outstanding metal-to-metal frictional properties and excellent protection and performance for CVTs throughout vehicle manufacturer-recommended drain intervals.
Continuously variable transmissions (CVTs) create unlimited gear ratios using a belt or chain running between two variable diameter pulleys. CVTs require a unique transmission fluid with specialized frictional characteristics designed to ensure the belt or chain remains in contact with the pulleys without slipping. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid provides outstanding metal-to-metal frictional properties and excellent protection and performance. It is Warranty Secure and is a cost-effective, high-performance alternative to vehicle manufacturer fluids.
Package Sizes (CVT)
|CVTQT (CVTQT-EA)||1-Quart Bottle||Each|
|CVTQT (CVTQT-CA)||1-Quart Bottle||Case of 12|
|CVTTP (CVTTP-CA)||2.5-Gallon||Case of 2|
|CVT55 (CVT55-EA)||55-Gallon Drum||Each|
|Buy Now/Pricing Information ❯|
Excellent Frictional Properties
The metal-to-metal frictional properties between the CVT’s belt/chain interface and the pulleys are important, relying on the CVT fluid to prevent slipping. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid provides exceptional metal-to-metal frictional properties to help prevent belt and chain slipping and help extend transmission life.
Outstanding Wear Protection
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is durable. In normal and severe service, it effectively resists wear to the transmission’s vital parts, helping achieve long life.
In elevated heat, Synthetic CVT Fluid’s thermally stable formulation guards against the harmful effects of thermal breakdown. It resists the formation of varnish that can threaten transmission performance and life.
Superior Wet-Clutch Performance
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid provides superior wet-clutch performance for outstanding anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.
Field testing was conducted to compare AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid and Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid. Four vehicles (two equipped with AMSOIL CVT Fluid and two with Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid) were driven 100,000 miles before the transmissions were torn down and inspected.
As indicated by the lack of wear in the belt and pulley photos below, AMSOIL CVT Fluid provided outstanding protection throughout the duration of the field trial, proving it is a high-quality replacement for Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid.
AMSOIL lab testing also reveals AMSOIL CVT Fluid met, and in some cases surpassed, the protection and performance of Nissan NS-2 CVT Fluid:
- In FZG wear testing (ASTM D5182), Nissan NS-2 achieved a 7 stage pass, while AMSOIL CVT Fluid significantly surpassed it with an 11 stage pass.
- In the JASO LVFA Anti-Shudder Durability Test, AMSOIL CVT Fluid lasted six times longer, translating into improved anti-shudder durability and reduced noise, vibration and harshness.
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is recommended for belt- and chain-type continuously variable transmissions requiring the following:
- Audi/VW TL 52180, G 052 180, G 052 516
- BMW 8322 0 136 376, 8322 0 429 154, EZL 799A
- Daihatsu Amix CVTF-DC, CVTF-DFE
- Dodge/Jeep NS-2, CVTF+4®, MOPAR® CVT 4
- Ford CVT23, CVT30, WSS-M2C933-A, Motorcraft® XT-7-QCFT, MERCON® C
- GM/Saturn DEX-CVT, CVTF I-Green2
- Honda HMMF, HCF-2
- Hyundai/Kia SP-CVT 1
- Mazda CVTF 3320
- Mercedes-Benz CVT28, 236.20
- Mini Cooper EZL 799A, ZF CVT V1
- Mitsubishi DiaQueen CVTF-J1, CVTF-J4
- Nissan NS-1, NS-2, NS-3
- Punch EZL 799A
- Shell Green 1V
- Subaru e-CVTF, i-CVTF, Lineartronic® CVTF, K0425Y0710, CV-30
- Suzuki CVTF 3320, TC, NS-2, CVTF Green1, CVTF Green 2
- Toyota/Lexus TC, FE
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid should be changed according to your vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.
AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is Warranty Secure,™ keeping your factory warranty intact. AMSOIL Synthetic CVT Fluid is a high-performance replacement for vehicle manufacturer-branded products and is also backed by the AMSOIL Limited Warranty (G1363). For details, visit www.amsoil.com/warrantysecure.
|TYPICAL TECHNICAL PROPERTIES |
Amsoil CVT Fluid (CVT)
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 100˚C, cSt (ASTM D445)||7.1|
|Kinematic Viscosity @ 40˚C, cSt (ASTM D445)||32.8|
|Fire Point, °C (°F) (ASTM D92)||224 (435)|
|Viscosity Index (ASTM D2270)||187|
|Pour Point ˚C (˚F) (ASTM D97)||-45 (-49)|
|Flash Point ˚C (˚F) (ASTM D92)||212 (214)|
|Brookfield Viscosity @ -40˚C, cP (ASTM D2983)||8779|
|Foam Tendency (ASTM D892, Sequence I, II, III)||0/0, 10/0, 0/0|
|Buy Now/Pricing Information ❯|
* All trademarked names and images are the property of their respective owners and may be registered marks in some countries. No affiliation or endorsement claim, express or implied, is made by their use. All products advertised here are AMSOIL-engineered for use in the applications shown.